Friday, August 15, 2008

DD 5/6/08 GET A WITNESS, BY GANET ROGERS

GARNET ROGERS IS A WONDERFUL CANADIAN FOLKSINGER, NOT AS WELL KNOWN AS HIS OLDER BROTHER STAN ROGERS WHO DIED IN AN AIRLINER CRASH IN CINCINNATI IN 1983. GET A WITNESS
Garnet RogersThree long months
Ah Lord it's been that dry
Sun burning down from a cauldron sky
I woke up this morning
Clouds piled up above
Blessed rain
Ah it poured down like love
Can I get a witness
For this perfect day
Swallows chase their reflections
Above the pond
Cool green shadows
Sweep across the lawn
Nothing calls me
I've got no place to go
Ah just the birds like graceful angels
Flickering to and fro
Outside our door the world it moves too fast
Takes my breath away at how the years have passed
We'll let the world go, love, do what it will
Look into my eyes make my heart stand still
Cool sweet evening
Falls upon the fields
Battered old moon
Hangs like a broken shield
The birds have flown
Out behind the sun
Lord, maybe somewhere, somehow
Today the good guys won.
Can I get a witness.....................

No comments: